The “Vedesi PhD to play a major role at Desi College"
07-Jul-2019 | Post By: Ph.D.online
New Delhi: The Centre is working on a proposal to grant scholarships to meritorious Indian students aspiring to pursue PhD at top 200 global universities. But there is a rider: They will have to come back and serve as teachers at the higher education institution in the country for at least five years.
This government has been formulating to allot many benefits with this scheme as per said by the ministry official:
- Eligible for an appropriate salary package upon joining an Indian Institute.
- One-Time relocation money
- One-time research grant will also be provided
- Eligibility to apply for research top-ups for up to 5 years and apply for an expedited visa and expedited OCI card.
- Scholar’s spouses will be provided “assistance” for a suitable job search in India and will be “supported” for “obtaining an expedited visa”.
The plan is to roll out this proposed scheme by 2020 and will be available to post-doctoral scholars and Indian/Indian-origin PhDs from the top 200 universities of the world.
The new Govt PhD scheme has been formulated by the Ministry of Human Resource Development to facilitate “permanent” return/migration of young Indian academicians /scholars under the age of 40. Under the “Prime Minister Academician return Scheme” scholars returning back to the country will be offered to teach in institutions that are Indian that are chosen.
The official even said “Additional responsibilities of these academicians besides teaching will include mentoring at least one Indian PhD scholar/post-doctoral scholar every year and mentoring a geographically-proximate ATAL Tinkering Lab or ATAL Incubation Centre.”
Source: deccanherald.com, biotecnika.org, web.dailyhunt.in